Timeline of Events
- 1900 - Founding of the Havrion Academy of Magical Pedagogy, an institute in established in as part of the Smithsonian Institutes in Washington, D.C in order to develop the best and brightest minds to lead the future of the Pentacle by El-Melloi Havrion, a Mysterium master
- 1910 - The first graduating class of the academy finishes, with fifteen of the forty three students passing finals exams and being considered at least of adept level in the Pentacle; many move on to serve in esteemed positions and as researchers worldwide
- 1964 - The Havrion Academy shifts from being a Mysterium led research institute into a multi-disciplinary college chantry to train the next generation. The first faculty from the Adamantine Arrows, Silver Ladder, and the Guardians of the Veil are introduced
- 1983 - The Free Council is welcomed to teach its techne’ and apprentices are soon brought in, thus representing the entire Diamond order.
- 1986 - Wanting to prevent potential magical disaster upon others, the combined faculty of the Havrion Academy move all leylines associated with the school from its original spot as part of the Smithsonian Institutes to a powerful node found in the town of Cayuga Falls, New York
- 1999 - Professors Genevieve Caldeur and Lin Tsinghua foresee a time of danger in the future, a time of increased spiritual wounds, abyssal intrusions, and other calamities. Their prophecies are recorded in the Great Record of the Academy
- 2000 - The first magical deadzone appears in San Diego, California. Magical treasures, wonders, and familiars at the San Diego consilium were completely wiped out. This repeats numerous times in San Francisco (along with a powerful 7.1 earthquake), Boston, Tokyo, Prague, and London, decimating powerful consilii that were once mainstays to the orders.
- 2001 - Increased intrusions appear with an alarming rate. Large portals start appearing, only visible with mage sight, and the Adamantine Arrow declare a state of emergency. They start sending many apprentices to the academy, starting the College of Battlemagic.
- 2006 - The portals and numerous abyssal intrusions start to wane down and enter a quiet period.
- 2007 - Professor of Magical Theory, Deshaunte Egboh, starts to find evidence of other potential Watchtowers, and formulates his hypotheses on the Watchtowers of the Soul (the classical five), and the Watchtowers of the World.
- 2009 - A powerful cosmic event can be felt throughout, as the first mages of the Watchtower of Brass and Flame from the Realm of the Djinn can be seen.
- 2010 - The Watchtower of Brass and Flame is considered the first Watchtower of the World. The Mysterium and Free Council further build on Prof. Egboh’s work to discover if there are others that would correspond.
- 2015 - Mages of four more Watchtowers are discovered and the full theory of the Watchtowers of the World has been formed. Prof. Egboh wins international recognition for his work.
Chapter 1: The Death of Magic
- 2019 - The first students showing promise that are representing the other Watchtowers are now being apprenticed at the Havrion Academy.
Chapter 2: The Names of God (just a preview ^_^)
Current Setting and Mood:
The Diamond Orders have had a strong interest in both the wonders and the students from the Havrion Academy, especially due to the prophecies of Professors Colder and Tsinghua. Unknown to the outside world, the theoreticians and academics at Havrion know one thing is certain; magic is dying. As to why and how they can stop it and stop it from potentially spreading? That is the sole purpose for the school, its faculty, and students.
As magic dies, abyssal intrusions and other weirder things are becoming more commonplace around the world. The Adamantine Arrows have developed the College of Battle Magic to train and develop fierce warriors of the order in order to protect the masses (and potentially magic) from threats both magical and mundane.
The Mysterium wants to save magic by finding all grimoires, palimpsest, wonders, and other relics scatted across to world to see if this has happened before and if there’s a way to stop it. Surely, time is but a repeating cycle, they say, and there must have been some point in history (or pre-history) where mages had to contend with such a thing.
The Libertines are taking a different approach. Humanity is magic. While the Mysterium searches on Earth, the Libertines are looking beyond, not just to other realms, but other planets. Surely, life isn’t just on Earth, and thus they look to the stars, hoping to find that somewhere, out there, LIFE IS MAGIC, so that they can take it back to Earth to teach a new way or supplement what’s going on.
The Silver Ladder and Guardians are severe denial of ‘the death of magic’. They do not believe in the prophecies and consider it simply the Seers doing. As such, they are going out and increasing their actions against the Scelesti and the Seers of the Throne, to try to stop their perceived death of magic by removing any and all obstacles. Who knows if they’ll consider their peers obstacles in the future?